In accepting this award, there are a few tasks for me to complete, so without further ado…
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I am a quarter Polish on my Dad’s side and despite only knowing the equivalent of an Incy Wincy Spider/Round and Round The Garden mash-up in Polish, am very proud of my heritage.
- I am a MASSIVE Kate Bush fan.
- I get quite nostalgic when reading books to my children that meant a lot to me when I was a child.
- I love food. Cooking and eating it, and I would say that I was a pretty good cook, but no chef – I don’t feel that I can take on the mantle of that title.
- I own and can play a tenor saxophone, but it has been so long since I did, that I wouldn’t be able to play very much without A LOT of practice.
- The word ‘panties’ as opposed to pants, knickers, underwear etc. REALLY makes me want to cringe and lash out. (It is irrational, and apologies to anyone who uses it, you are obviously completely entitled to do so without fear of violence!)
- I get quite enthusiastic about organising things and the detail of analysis, but don’t always act upon my work. (The exception being text analysis when working on a performance of a speech/poem/role.)
- I am very sensitive and often take things very deeply to heart, despite coming across (and mostly being) confident in myself. Because of this people sometimes mistake me for being brash and thick-skinned.
- I really enjoy watching America’s Next Top Model – for the growth journey of the performances of the contestants – the reality tv bitchiness and personal stuff doesn’t really interest me.
- When we first met I thought my now husband looked really quite old (he knows this), and he has NO recollection of meeting me. He remembers the occasion, the moment and the 8 other people who he already knew, but has blocked me out of the memory!
- I don’t see the point in believing in a God who isn’t trustworthy and isn’t who he says he is. Therefore, even (and frequently) when I don’t understand why the bible (God) says something or seems to disagree with what I think about how something should go, I am prepared to take Him at his word, believe what he actually says and surrender to it, knowing that He is good and knows what is best for me.
I have been convinced of His trustworthiness.
Questions from Life With Open Arms
1. Who was your childhood hero?
George from the Famous Five
2. Do you play (or have you ever played) any musical instruments?
Yes, the oboe, the tenor sax (used to), I sing and I can hash out chords/melody on the piano in order to compose.
I like both, but board game as it can involve more people and looking in more than one direction!
4. What are three things you couldn’t live without?
Jesus, (truthfully nothing else) but I would dearly miss my family. And stories.
5. What is your favourite dessert?
Ooh a tough one – Fully iced and marzipaned fruit cake – christmas style.
6. What skill/talent do you most wish you had?
7. What is the best smell in the world?
The promise of snow in the air has a really crisp smell that I love.
8. Do you look most like your mum or your dad?
Probably my Dad.
9. Which superpower would you choose to have?
The ability to have things ( eg. housework/tidying/sortingre-decorating) done in a second. Sooo boring, but SOOO useful.
10. Would you rather have someone do all of your cooking or all of your cleaning?
All of my cleaning, no question.
11. What’s something new and wonderful you’ve discovered?
My Nominations are
For my nominees: If you choose to accept the award, please do one or more of the tasks above (list 11 random facts about yourself, and/or answer the questions), then nominate some other blogs that inspire you and ask them a set of your own questions.
- Other than your own, which profession would you most like to attempt?
- Which is your favourite season and why?
- What attribute about yourself are you secretly really proud of?
- How do you solve a problem like Maria? Indeed, is she a problem?
- If you could stop all your social media activity (your blog aside,) for a year, would you want to?
- At the cinema – Chocolate, sweets or popcorn?
- Are you able to do stillness (inside and out) for yourself at all? And if you find it hard, what would be your limit before you’d want to scream?
- What is one unusual/particularly special christmas tradition you have?
- Do you like to dance at parties?
- Who is your best and most trusted friend?
- What book has most radically changed your thinking and your life?
If you would like to add a picture of the award to your sidebar, here it is. Simply save it to your computer and then upload it to your blog.